13 June, 2010

I found this while going through some of my old writing and thought I could share it

I wound my way further up the mountain as the wind grew stronger and I raced to catch the last of the light.
I reached the top as the last glow of the sun poured lazily over the cloud-swathed giants on the horizon.
The wind suffocated the weeds that hung over the hill as they hugged the ground for warmth.
I stepped to the edge.
My fears and expectations donned wings and took flight, racing, dancing, being carried by the rushing wind.
Joining in the airborne symphony, I was lifted up, my tethers snapping as I idled above the ground, scathed not by the follies of the world.
With a shock of sudden consciousness my hair was blown like tangled flotsam about my face.
The glow of the sun was consumed by the shadow of the mountain on the horizon.
All motion ceased, yet a presence lingered.
The air, the ground, the sun, they all took their exits and I was left alone.
The final light danced in the distance, waving goodbye.
The maestro bowed, the opus was complete, and I remained, a happy audience for the days swansong.

*I realize I haven't posted in quite some time; I have been enjoying life offline and the start to a beautiful summer. I hope to do a few intermittent posts in the next few months before I leave for school, however, and hopefully recap on some of the events of the past month.

1 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Katie, you write so beautifully. continue to share :)

June 13, 2010 at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home