On friends and friendship
I was struck by todays Henri Nouwen daily meditation:
"A friend is that other person with whom we can share our solitude, our silence, and our prayer. A friend is that other person with whom we can look at a tree and say, "Isn't that beautiful," or or sit on the beach and silently watch the sun disappear under the horizon. With a friend we don't have to say or do something special. With a friend we can be still and know that God is there with both of us."I have been so thankful for my friends lately. As school grows more tedious and mundane, it's these friendships that have really been a shining light. It's amazing how much joy time with people you love can bring. I'm so lucky to also have friends with whom I can share my relationship with God. It's so great to have someone to share in the laughter, the triumphs, the pain and the heartbreak.
I'm hoping to feature some of these lights in my life on here over the next few weeks, so please get ready to meet some of my amazing friends!

Sarah, Kat, Galen, moi, Hannah, Hayden, Lexi, Paul, Aki


1 Comments:
Such a great quote. It's been hard moving away from all my friends back home, but I've met so many new people. I still hold such a bond with some of them at home, and I've already, in the 8-9 months of being here have bonded with new friends.
I hope we can get to know each other more!
Thank you for the reminder of what it means to have friends in life. :)
Annd Thank you for the Bday wishes!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home