Yesterday I learned what a truly amazing man my grandpa was. Stalwart patriot, passionate teacher, loving father and husband. I am so blessed to have gotten to celebrate his life and experience the impact that he had on others. I found out that there is a facebook fan page dedicated to him with some of the most kindhearted messages from past students, such as this one:"Mr. Snyder was a giant of a man. He touched so many lives. He was honest, caring, and funny. He was also dedicated to driving common sense into our thick skulls. I love Mr. Snyder. I think about him always. I know that I speak for others when I say that I will miss him profoundly. I could also say that much of the success I have attained in my own life I owe to Mr. Snyder. He, as much as anybody, guided me through the dark tunnel of adolescence. He took the time to listen to me and to advise me when I was in most desperate need of a true friend and mentor. If there is a heaven, Warren Snyder is surely there."
He and my grandma were married for 64 years! I was lucky enough to look through some of their albums yesterday and I was starry-eyed the whole time. Here are some shots that my grandma let me bring home
(My grandma in front of the Eiffel Tower; a village at the base of the Swiss Alps; my grandma on "shopping street") :



Thank you Grandpa for showing me how to love and serve with all of my heart.


3 Comments:
This was so great to hear Katie.
It's so beautiful to know that your Grandpa moved others, and that he's moved you. It sounds like he's left a wonderful legacy. :)
I loved the old pictures! How cute is the one of your Grandma in front of the eiffel tower? So lovely!
Katie, i love how you captured your grandpa! I didn't know he was a teacher. And the pictures are just priceless.
The old photos are so wonderful. Sending love your way.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home